CBD is not only for humans like we always though it was, dogs can also enjoy all of its benefits. The CBD oil was the first way of providing CBD to dogs, but unfortunately they didn’t like the taste and it was a huge struggle to have them take it, lucky for them, the pet industry found a genius way to feed them with CBD treats for dogs.
CBD treats won’t make your dog high, CBD has less of 0,3% of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) the compound that has psychoactive effects in marijuana.
Our dogs have an endocannabinoid system, just like humans do, that has a variety of functions related to the immune system, pain relief, depression, anxiety, etc. The system has two receptors: CBD1 and CBD2, the cannabinoids like CBD react with the last one.
What are some benefits of feeding my dog with CBD treats?
- Anxiety: Have you ever wanted to help your dog to stop being anxious, but didn’t knew how to do it? That can be one of the most terrible feelings, not being able to make your dog feel better, dogs tend to be anxious in many situations, one of the most common is when they hear loud noises or fireworks, the other common situation is the separation anxiety, they can’t stand being alone at the house, which can lead to excessive barking and destroying things. CBD treats relieve the anxiety symptoms, making your dog calmer and relax in every situation.
- Aggression: If your dog tends to be aggressive with people he doesn’t know or with other animals, CBD treats can alleviate that symptom.
- Insomnia: If your dog struggles to sleep, the treats will help him with that.
- Painkiller and anti-inflammatory: CBD treats can relief the pain and inflammation that comes after a surgery or when they are receiving a treatment for a disease.
- Neurological diseases: Can reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and helps with epilepsy.
- Helps with digestive problems.
Things to keep in mind when you feed your dog with CBD treats.
- CBD treats are a tastier way to feed your dog in comparison to CBD oil.
- Make sure the treats don’t contain any artificial flavors or preservatives.
- The initial dosage has to be lower than 3mg, then you can go up according to how your dog is feeling.
- Lookup for a product that has third-party test results.
- The CBD treat should be made with high quality CBD.
- The treats will take up to an hour to make its effect.